Monday, September 30, 2013

What kind of sacrifice are you bringing to God...?

Malachi 1:8-9 NKJV

And when you offer the blind as a sacrifice, Is  it not evil? And when you offer the lame and sick, Is  it not evil? Offer it then to your governor! Would he be pleased with you? Would he accept you favorably?” Says the Lord of hosts. “But now entreat God’s favor, That He may be gracious to us. While this is being done by your hands, Will He accept you favorably?” Says the Lord of hosts.

******
Shalom! Day #273. Do you know that we give the best for ourselves, family and in everything we do, but we tend to give our second best to God? Let's pray. Father, forgive us for not giving You our utmost. We pledge to give You the best sacrifices, offerings, and every other things pertaining to Your ministry and Yourself, Lord.  Give us the courage to trust in You as we commit our ways to You, and as we offer ourselves to You as a living sacrifice. In Jesus name we ask and pray, amen!

As a believer, we ought to give the very best to God, either in serving, tithing, offerings, our time, or even in our faith in Him. We tend to give the best for what is seen, and failed to give our utmost to what is not seen, our God. We need to change the way we think. The reason I say this because we might think that "ahh I rather give the best for me, my family and so on. I don't see God,  but I believe He is there, but then it's ok, I just give what I can." If this is our attitude towards God and His ways, sorry to say, we will never ever experience His blessings as well as living a stagnant Christian life - there will never be a spiritual growth. My utmost for His highest!

Now, entreat or ask from the Lord for His favor and mercy. That He may be gracious to us despite the evil we have done. Our 1st best is always must be for God alone,  He deserves your very best. He is worthy of the utmost of your heart. Your obedience to God must be from inside out, not from outside to out. He is not interested in our lip service, but He is interested in our hearts service! Give Him your best in everything you do in the name of the Lord and for the Lord.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

No comments: