Thursday, September 12, 2013

Why are you angry...?

Jonah 4:3-4, 9-11 NKJV

Therefore now, O Lord , please take my life from me, for it  is better for me to die than to live!” Then the Lord said, “ Is  it right for you to be angry?” Then God said to Jonah, “ Is  it right for you to be angry about the plant?” And he said, “ It  is right for me to be angry, even to death!” But the Lord said, “You have had pity on the plant for which you have not labored, nor made it grow, which came up in a night and perished in a night. And should I not pity Nineveh, that great city, in which are more than one hundred and twenty thousand persons who cannot discern between their right hand and their left—and much livestock?”

******
Shalom!  Day #255. Do you know that most of the time we are angry we often say this phrase "Better to die than to live to...." ? Abba Father, forgive us for not valuing the life you have given to us. Forgive us for carelessly throwing out our words. Teach us today to value this life that You have given. In Jesus name we ask and pray, amen!

We often get angry at certain matters and often we throw out this sentence "ah it's better to die than to live to go through...or something in the same manner." The bible says DO NOT SIN WHEN YOU ARE ANGRY. So Yeah, we must be watchful of the words that comes out of our mouth. We get angry and we curse people. We get angry and we say Lord come and do something to this person or that person. We get angry and we judge people. We get angry and we want to murder someone. Cain murdered Abel because of anger and jealousy. We stuck in a traffic jam, we get angry and we curse the people that caused the jam, be it an accident or the road works workers. It's not wrong in getting angry.  What's wrong is the action that follows the anger. Jesus was filled with angry when people were selling and buying in the house of God. But even in that condition, He did not murder or curse anyone.

Jonah was angry because God didn't do as what He has spoken to Jonah. When he questioned God, God replied him saying that "when you show pity on the things you have not labored for, therefore I show pity on the things that I have planted and labored, well I paraphrased it. We often get angry at God for not doing the things we want,  we feel disappointed at God. But then when we think back, there is something good why God did not answer our prayers. I was an angry person before, but then when Jesus came into my life, He changed everything about my life. We have the rights to be angry, but then think before you say anything or do anything in your anger. Anyways,  have a blessed and fruitful day today!

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

No comments: