Monday, September 9, 2013

From zero to hero...!

Amos 7:14-15 NKJV

Then Amos answered, and said to Amaziah: “I was no prophet, Nor was I a son of a prophet, But I was a sheepbreeder And a tender of sycamore fruit. Then the Lord took me as I followed the flock, And the Lord said to me, ‘Go, prophesy to My people Israel.’

******
Shalom!  Day #252. Do you know God is able to use a zero to be a hero? Let's pray. Father,  as we avail ourselves to You today, from our nothingness, we pray that You would create something extraordinary today. In Jesus name we ask and pray, amen!

There is this verse in the bible that says, "what good can come out of Nazareth?" But they didn't know that God has preplaned for a Savior to come out from Nazareth. We are like the Nazareth. People may ask what good can come out of us. From a zero to a hero in God! The world may reject you, but God accepts you! God doesn't need a very clever person or a well literate person to do His work. God used a stammer,  Moses,  to lead a generation.  God used David to defeat goliath. God uses the worlds reject to shut people's mouth. There was an event where Jesus rode on a donkey into Jerusalem. God can use anyone who avails themselves to the Lord. Please do not give your second best, but your very best. There is a book by Oswald Chambers, "My utmost for His highest." Are we giving our utmost for His highest?

I'm not a prophet. I wasn't born in a strong Christian family. My parents wasn't servants of God. I don't know anything about the bible. Zero knowledge of theology.  Yet, I didn't choose Him, but He choose me. I'm glad to be that donkey to carry Jesus around. But i have been called to be a prophet to the nations, i am not there yet. Even as Daniel, God gave me the gifts of interpreting dreams. People,  even to this despises me, rejecting me but Jesus is always there to accept me. From nothing to something. From nobody to somebody. If you are faithful to your calling, you shall see how high God can take you in the ministry.  Just remain faithful and do what He says and be humble. Now, do you think God uses the learned people only? Rethink ministry!

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

No comments: