Friday, July 4, 2014

The battle belongs to the Lord...!

II Chronicles 20:2-4, 14-15, 17 NKJV

Then some came and told Jehoshaphat, saying, “A great multitude is coming against you from beyond the sea, from Syria; and they are in Hazazon Tamar” (which is  En Gedi). And Jehoshaphat feared, and set himself to seek the Lord , and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah. So Judah gathered together to ask help from the Lord ; and from all the cities of Judah they came to seek the Lord . Then the Spirit of the Lord came upon Jahaziel the son of Zechariah, the son of Benaiah, the son of Jeiel, the son of Mattaniah, a Levite of the sons of Asaph, in the midst of the assembly. And he said, “Listen, all you of Judah and you inhabitants of Jerusalem, and you, King Jehoshaphat! Thus says the Lord to you: ‘Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God’s. You will not need to fight in this battle. Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord , who is with you, O Judah and Jerusalem!’ Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them, for the Lord  is with you.”

******
Shalom! Day #185. Do you know that the secret of victory is that when you know that your battle is not yours but the Lord's? Let's pray. Father, we thank You for once again confirming and affirming Your word to us today. We know that You are the Lord of our battle, our Commander. Therefore Lord, take control that we may see the salvation of God in every battle we face. In Jesus name we ask and pray, Amen!

Everyone has their own battle everyday, be it a believer or an unbeliever each faces a different battle everyday. But for the believers there are some benefits when you go through the battles. There's hope for believers in every battle if they know the truth. This is my personal account of what God has done for me, in every battle I face since I began to know the Lord. At first it was hard for me to understand and to commit to God totally but then when I learn to do so, it's so much easy and I regret why I did not do it earlier. In every battle I face, it's like I want to do it my way, I want to solve it my way, but then it always ends up in failure and I learn my lesson. The way is simple,  just allow God to be in control. Be still and know that He is God and He is able to do it.

In today's verse, the Lord has to remind Jehoshaphat that who's the Boss is. So, the Lord spoke to Jehoshaphat and said, " Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God’s. You will not need to fight in this battle. Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord , who is with you, O Judah and Jerusalem!’ Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them, for the Lord  is with you." Wow... what an extraordinary promise! This what the Lord is saying to us today! Stand still and see the salvation of God! So again, are you going through any problem, trouble, in the midst of battle may be between your families, or friends, or your colleagues or even the heathens are oppressing you, let it be known to you that the battle belongs to the Lord and not yours. You are not on your own, but God is with you!

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

In His Majestic service,

+_=ShErKaRL=_+

No comments: