Saturday, July 12, 2014

The ground nut that forgets its shell...!

Nehemiah 5:14-19 NKJV

Moreover, from the time that I was appointed to be their governor in the land of Judah, from the twentieth year until the thirty-second year of King Artaxerxes, twelve years, neither I nor my brothers ate the governor’s provisions. But the former governors who were before me laid burdens on the people, and took from them bread and wine, besides forty shekels of silver. Yes, even their servants bore rule over the people, but I did not do so, because of the fear of God. Indeed, I also continued the work on this wall, and we did not buy any land. All my servants were gathered there for the work. And at my table were one hundred and fifty Jews and rulers, besides those who came to us from the nations around us. Now that  which was prepared daily was one ox and six choice sheep. Also fowl were prepared for me, and once every ten days an abundance of all kinds of wine. Yet in spite of this I did not demand the governor’s provisions, because the bondage was heavy on this people. Remember me, my God, for good, according  to all that I have done for this people.

******
Shalom! Day #193. Do you know that the fact is many people forget from where God has handpicked them? Let's pray. Father,  forgive us for treating our brethrens in such a worst conditions that we have forgotten from where You have handpicked us. Let us not forget from where we have come and let not practice or even rule harshly upon our brethren. In Jesus name we ask and pray, amen!

Many born again Christian and Christian forgets from where God handpicked them. There's a proverb in Malay, which says "kacang melupakan kulit" or in English it is "the ground nut that forgets its shell." This proverb is to address people who forget those people who have helped them before they have a good life. Many are like this. One thing I prayed to God, that no matter how successful I can be, never will I forget from where God handpicked me. My condition was muh more worst than the rubbish dump. I know from where I came, and will never forget it. From where I came and where I am now, it's because of His grace and mercy.

In today's verse we see how Nehemiah was when he was the governor of Judah. From being a cupbearer,  a slave to a governor of a nation, wow... now that's what God is able to do when you humble yourself before God. Nehemiah was given all the privilege as a governor, but he chose to keep it simple. He refused to eat the governor's provision because he knows what's the hardship is like to prepare the best meal for a governor. He didn't want to lay such a burdensome responsibility to his slaves, because he was a slave before. He treated all of his slaves justly and with kindness. He even continued is building the walls of Jerusalem and not sit in the governor's office and give orders.  Now, that's a true leader. Folks, never forget from where God gracefully mercifully handpicked us. The moment you forget it, is the moment pride come knocking your door. Beware,  lest you may fall because of this. Remain humble for God lifts humbled people to be the head not the tail. Even in the ministry, it doesn't matter how successful you are in the ministry,  remain humble. You did not achieve it on your own, but God caused you to prosper.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

In His Majestic service,

+_=ShErKaRL=_+

No comments: