Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Our first priority as a believer....!

Psalms 63:1, 3 NKJV

O God, You are my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You In a dry and thirsty land Where there is no water. Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips shall praise You.

******
Shalom! Day #238. Do you know that our first priority as a believer is to seek God? Let's pray. Father, as it's written in the bible, "seek the kingdom of God and His righteousness," we want to make it our first priority everyday of our lives to seek You first before we do anything so that You will give us success in everything we do. In Jesus name we ask and pray, amen!

The Bible says in Matthew 6:33 "seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." In another portion of the scripture says that Jesus rose very early in the morning, and went to a quiet place and He began to pray. The first this we do every morning is important because it will have an effect to our whole day task, emotions, our enthusiasm and so on. When you start your day with reading and meditating the word of God and spending some time in prayer, and confessing or prophesying to the day God has given to you, then you shall see His miracles in the midst of you busy schedule. Everything you will prosper because the Lord is together with you and He is involved in everything you do.

The psalmist David says that,  "O God, You are my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You In a dry and thirsty land Where there is no water. Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips shall praise You. Normally when I wake up in the morning, I will need a glass of warm water to ease my throat. Yeah, I'm thirsty as well. The same goes to David, he is trying to explain here that through out the night hours till morning, we sleep and our body gets no water. Maybe sometimes we get up and drink, some not. But, you know what he is trying to explain here is the first thing he does when he is up in the early hours of the morning is to seek God, because God satisfies his thirsts, because God is the Living Water and those who come to Him will never thirst again. Amen! Let us make it our first priority to seek the Lord first before we do anything and then you shall see how God is able to turn a bad day to good day, a day that's filled with His promises and hope! God bless you!

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

In His Majestic service,

+_=ShErKaRL=_+

No comments: